Mink lashes——How it adds charm to your beauty?
Longer, fuller, lustrous eyelashes have always been associated with the notion of beautiful eyes. However, not all women are blessed with naturally thicker and curled eyelashes. Applying mascara to the eyes can lend the appearance of longer eyelashes, but it’s not that prominent. Eyelash extensions are more suited for this purpose.
Eyelash extensions can be attached to your natural eyelashes to enhance its length and thickness. They have become immensely popular among women of all ages. Eyelash extensions also enhance the eyes by making them look bigger and more attractive. They make sure that your eyes really pop out, especially in pictures.
What are mink eyelashes?
Lash extensions are made of different types of materials which include mink, silk and synthetic. Mink lashes are made from mink fur and can be used to enhance your eyes by attaching them to your current lashes.
Mink lashes are costlier than synthetic lash extensions. But most women prefer mink lashes over synthetic because have a natural luster, look more authentic and makes your eyes look naturally pretty. They are also softer and lightweight.
Things to consider when applying mink lashes
If you have decided to opt for mink lashes, there are a few things you should be aware of. Here is a list of things you should consider while applying mink lashes.
- Type: There are two types of mink eyelash extensions available on the market: temporary and semi-permanent. Temporary mink lashes are attached with the help of temporary lash glue, and should not be worn while taking a shower, sleeping or swimming. On the other hand, semi-permanent mink lashes are applied with the help of a cyanoacrylate adhesive. Cyanoacrylates are available in different types, such as ethyl, methyl, butyl, and octyl. Eyelash extension glue is usually made of methyl-2-cyanoacrylate which helps in bonding a smooth surface (the eyelash extension) to a porous surface (the natural eyelash). It should only be used aroundthe eyes and on the natural eyelashes.
- Length: Mink lashes come in different sizes, ranging from the popular Kardashian length to more natural ones (6 to 17mm). The choice of length depends largely on the length of your natural eyelashes. It’s advisable not to choose a length more than 2-3 mm longer than the natural lashes. Also, extremely long lashes may cause breakage.
- Curl: There are different types of curls available –
- The J-curl is the least curly one and lends an authentic look to the wearer’s eyes. It is suitable for women with straight natural eyelashes which point downwards.
- The B-curl is slightly curlier than the J-curl and lends more visibility to the eyes.
- A C-curl is the most common curl. C curl lashes are perfect for women with a slight curl in their natural eyelash and create a nice wide-eyed effect.
- If you’re looking for a dramatic look, a D-curl is a way to go.
- Density: The number of lashes used depends on the thickness of your natural eyelashes, the thickness of the eyelash extensions and the effect you’re trying to achieve.
There is no one size fits all approach is when selecting the type of mink eyelashes you want. This Acelashes.com mink lashes guide will help you make the right choices and utilize mink lashes to add charm to your beauty.